Friday, March 5, 2010

Seussical 3-3-10 6:30 OPENING NIGHT!


After a nap, we all returned to the Jan Dempsey for our official first show! Our costumes were still slightly damp from our earlier show, which is something you don't get used to quickly. But after make-up touch-ups, and a warm-up we are ready to go again!
I Don't remember much about the actual show but a few things do stand out:
-after the song "Alone in the Universe" I come out from behind the flat and proceed to wake Jojo up, rounding the corner I looked over my shoulder and shouted: "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch..." I then proceeded to wake Jojo with an old-fashioned bicycle horn (which she wasn't expecting)
-Jose to Circus Barker quick change hit a glitch when my coat was not waiting for me behind the flat, I instead jumped out without a jacket in my Cat vest, don't think anyone knew
-Talk show Line: "we'll be back with Bird Girls Gone Wild..."
-As the auctioneer I bragged on the "bonus features" that come with Horton, "look at the ears on this guy, you can get HBO, and Showtime..."
One of the greatest opening nights I've ever had, really not looking forward to the end of this show, I'm having soooo much fun. More to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment