Thursday, April 15, 2010

Seussical 3-6-10 2:00 & 6:30


Bright and early Saturday morning the cast slowly made their way to the theatre (personally I'm never up that early (especially on a Saturday!)) to take yet another journey in the world of Dr. Seuss. I realised at this point that the show was almost over and I would only be able to live in this "world" for a little longer. But then all the cast got thrown a curve-ball, and additional performance the following Monday, I know we were all pretty excited, but then we realized we would only get a 30-40 min. break between shows...yikes! But we all decided to power through and all agreed. But Saturday wasn't over yet.
- Talk Show line: "...we'll be right back with the Wickersham's performing a rendition of Pants on the Ground..."
- I repeated my "does this book make me look fat" line for almost the entire run. Hey, if it's not broke, don't fix it! ...ooohh, I just had a Beauty & the Beast flash-back
- Auction: Sweetening the deal with the Bird Girls I bragged on their bonus features. "..Ladies and gentlemen, you have not lived until these girls sing/narrate your day..." I then proceeded to sing in falsetto as a Bird Girl "he just woke up, now he's brushing his teeth"
All in all I think the show went pretty well, the cast then ate lunch together, and then proceeded to the theatre again, but this time the cast watched a performance... who performed you might ask... I would be the one who's performance was watched by the cast (by far one of the best audiences I've had). Then the cast kept with their tradition.... ooohh...Fiddler on the Roof flash-back... the entire cast had a dance off, dancing to such songs as "Thriller", "Cupid Shuffle", and "Transylvania Mania"...guess which one was mine...
Second show went by pretty quickly, even though we were all pretty worn out at that point but we knew we could do a good job.
- Talk Show line: "...we'll be right back with Charlie's Bird Girls"
- Yet again repeated the line with the book.
- Auction: I just offered Horton again, dwelling on his bonus features... at this point I knew what worked with the audience, and used that to my advantage!
We had an early cast party, where the cast received "awards" for off-stage traits, quirks, and jokes. I myself received the "Most likely to end up on Sesame Street" award...I'd like to thank the academy... Had a good time at the party, played some charades, and sang some improv songs with the accompaniment of one of the Wickershams.
We got a day off, and then onto Monday, and our back-to-back performances...I would be more excited if I wasn't so tired! Stay tuned...more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment