Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Live @ White Plains!


Last Saturday (Oct. 10) I performed at The White Plains Country Fair in Lafayette, AL. I brought along a few of my puppets (Melvin & Scarlet 'O Fox), tried out a new bit (an audience participation routine "Big Red" see above photo), and tested out some of my new stand-up set. I also performed the song "Cartoons" with my friend Chase Golden.
It was a great time, the audience wasn't quite as big as I was used to, and since it was at the fair there was a lot of background noise, so I couldn't hear the reaction as well as I like, but I got a great response.
I also experienced a stage performance first: when I got my character Scarlet 'O Fox out of her case, introduced her but when she went to speak my voice went out, other ventriloquists will tell you that's not good! I got a drink of water, and the voice still wouldn't come, so I cut the bit short, I don't think the audience knew what happened- but it really bugged me!
You Tube has a video of the new material here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqwRVU2RmdA

No comments:

Post a Comment